National Certificate in Retail (Level 2)
- This Entry, level qualification is for people wishing to work in the retail and distribution industry.
- This qualification can be completed in the workplace, with an education provider, or through a combination of the two
- Training can be tailored to meet the particular demands of different types of retailing.
(Link to National Certificate to see full list of unit standards gained)
- On completion of the programme students will have the skills to provide basic customer service and demonstrate knowledge of health and safety practice, routine calculations, products, and legislation
- The student will be able to demonstrate a range of skills including selling, product display and merchandising, stock control and data entry.
- This qualification may lead to a National Certificate in Retail Level 3 and 4
- Students will have the skills to gain employment in a wide range of retail positions
Additional Education and Support
In addition to the National Certificate in Retail you will
- Have the opportunity to work towards the National Certificate in Employment Skills and a National Customer Service Award
- Gain unit standards and experience in Sport, Fitness & Recreation activities
- Gain valuable work experience and be supported with job placement
- Have access to social service support designed to assist you in overcoming barriers to employment
- Additional literacy and numeracy support
Aotea Community Trust Incorporated trading as Kapiti Skills Centre
Registered and Accredited with The New Zealand Qualifications Authority as a Private Training Establishment